Thursday, January 28, 2010

Like Great-Grandma, Like Great-Grandson

I have really distinct memories of sharing kiwis with my Nana when I was a little girl.  One memory in particular is me as an 11 or 12 year old, standing at the counter in the kitchen at the house on Tahiti Drive, while she peeled and sliced a kiwi into circles for us.  She used the same the little wooden-handled paring knife she's always used.  And she rinsed it and set in in the drying rack, just like always.  And then we shared the kiwi.  

And now, look... Elliot likes kiwis, too!  I can't wait until he and his Great Nana can share one together.  Maybe this summer???
PS... he also happens to be wearing a cloth napkin as his bib that used to belong to Nana and Bopa in... maybe the 70's?
PPS... what's bigger, the kiwi or his cheek??!?

2 comments:

Sara said...

those eyes melt my heart :)
sweet, sweet boy!

debgeraghty said...

What a sweet story Malia. What a precious memory and baby loving his Kiwi.