Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mountain in My Back Yard

Mt. Tabor is one of my favorite places on Earth.  We are so lucky to live as close to it as we do.  In just a 10 minute walk from our house we're surrounded by a beautiful forest, perfect hiking paths, and friendly portland neighbors.  On the west side is a great view of Portland and to the east you can see both Mt. Saint Helens and Mt. Hood.


There it is!  Mt. Tabor, off in the distance.  A view from the sidewalk in front of our house.




On Tuesdays and Thursdays, when I have both Elliot and our childcare-share friend, I walk Mt. Tabor with one strapped to me and one in the stroller.  Here's my lucky view for the walk!



It's just a beautiful park.  And today was sunny!




Someday, this will be our destination.  The playground!



But, for now, we just walk.  And walk and walk and walk.  I have a couple of different loops from our house, depending on the weather and the mud factor.  They range between 2.5 and 3 miles and take anywhere from 50 minutes to just over an hour.  And most Thursdays our very good friend, Hilary (She Vegan), comes over on her lunch break and walks with us.  On those days we are double lucky!  (We missed you today, Hil!)


No comments: