Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love Day: Mixed Baby Greens

Here's a little something you might not have known... Mixed Baby Greens is actually more than just a cute blog name.  Mixed Baby Greens is the name of the children's clothing line that I made up in my head and created an Etsy store for.  Here's a link to my store.  The basic idea is to create cute, recycled baby outfits by using repurposed fabric and gently used clothing.  Click on the link to read more about the idea. 


Needless to say, the idea has stayed just that... an idea.  I have yet to ever put any items in my store.  The farthest I've gotten has been to make a few onesies for Elliot when he was a little baby and call them his "Mixed Baby Greens."  Oh, and I started a blog using the same name.  But actually creating the clothing line has yet to happen.  One day, hopefully.  It still really excites me and I would love to see what's in my head come to life.  I'll keep you posted!


For now, Elliot got a few new Mixed Baby Greens for Valentine's Day.  I even scored a Hannah Andersson shirt for two dollars at Value Village!  I think they turned out adorable (one isn't shown because I never got any good pics of it--it's a bright red sweatshirt with a big heart and a big exclaimation mark <3! ).  And there's a bit of room to grow in both things.  Which is perfect, because Love Day clothes are good to wear year-round!

(Park pics by Andrea)


And a little Mixed Baby Green for our friend, Max, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Malia, I had no idea you made those shirts. I fell in love with both of them and even looked to see what brand made them so I could get some as a baby shower present. you need to start the business!