Monday, February 8, 2010

Love Day: Hearts

Love Day is my absolute favorite holiday of the year.  A whole day to celebrate LOVE!  How wonderful is that??!?!  I'm pretty sure my love for Love Day stems from the good memories I have of my mom doing special things for us on this holiday.  I remember waking up one Valentine's Day when I was 13 or 14 and she had bought my brother and I maroon colored hoodies and had them waiting on the kitchen table for us.  And I also remember her buying me sheets of red heart-shaped stickers that I would take to school and pass out to my friends and we'd all stick them on our cheeks.  Just little, simple things.  And not every year, but the few years that she did special things for us really stand out.   

So now, here I am. Mom to Elliot on his first Valentine's Day.  I am so excited and happy and full of love!  I have a few simple things planned.  All homemade and crafty.  Here's a peak at one of them...

I made this heart garland out of repurposed fabric (clothes I bought at the thrift store and cut up).  I just cut out the hearts, laid them next to one another, and sewed straight through them.  Hanging above his crib, I think it adds the perfect touch of love for him to wake up to on Love Day. 

1 comment:

Debra Geraghty said...

What a great way to play forward the love and to share your love of baby boy.