Thursday, June 24, 2010

Soaking Up The Sun

Except for one glorious weekend a while back, it seemed like summer was never going to come to Portland.  Day after day, gray gray gray.  Ugh.  I was starting to feel pretty miserable.  And then, to top it all off, the forecasters kept predicting sun and seventy degrees for each upcoming week, but then delaying it one day at a time.  Until by last Tuesday it felt like the sun was literally never going to shine again.  I was just about to go completely mad, when suddenly the clouds parted and out it came.  Sun, glorious sun.  And... it was even warm!  A beautiful seventy degrees.  The boys and I headed for Tabor to spend some time digging our feet into the grass and soaking up the sun.  It was exactly what I needed. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They both look like they are enjoying the sun and grass also. But maybe a little unsure of what to do??
Fun day!! xoxo Nan

amuma Deb said...

I'm so glad you got your sunshine Malia. The boys are such good buddies. I love the tiny flowers growing in the grass. Happy days are coming.