Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Elliot and I took a trip to Boise's Discovery Center on one of the free admission Fridays that Fred Meyer's is sponsoring between now and November 19th.  The Discovery Center is a science museum, like Portland's OMSI.  Like most science museums, the majority of it was more appropriate for school-aged kiddos.  Not a lot to keep Elliot engaged.  But they did have one area that was set up as a grocery store just for the little ones.  Elliot, who happens to be really into pretend food right now, was totally engaged for over a half hour.  Lots of good pretend play and interacting with other kiddos.    I think we'll definitely take a bit of time out of our next few Fridays and head back to the store.  I spent most of the time playing with Elliot in the store, but I'd love for him to get comfortable enough for me to stand back and let him play with the food and the kids all on his own. 

1 comment:

amuma Deb said...

These are the cutest pictures ever. Elliot looks so serious and is so enjoying planning his shopping trip. He's the perfect "mini-me wonder chef."