Monday, June 13, 2011

Look What I Made

I built Elliot his very own sandbox!  With many thanks going to the two, best little helpers in town, and Elliot's Nan for granting his birthday wish.  It came together over the last week or so.  I used the raised garden beds we made at our last house as inspiration for the design, but added the 2x6s across each end as a little ledge for us to perch on when we're playing with him.  I used a staple gun to line the inside with a tarp, then used a second tarp and sewed a fitted sheet-style cover to keep the cats out.  650 pounds of sand later and Elliot is one happy little two-year old.  

4 comments:

Sara said...

Soooo impressed right now!

meguire said...

Wow, that is amazing Malia! It's perfectly designed and beautifully made. I am beyond impressed. I can't wait to get in there and fill the back of small trucks with sand and then dump the sand on other trucks, or whatever it is that one does in sand boxes....love it!

Susie P. said...

Awesome! I totally want to come over and play!

Unknown said...

Splendid work on doing the sandbox, love the idea how you made a cover for it.

man and van in London